The Giving Grants by Flight Centre Foundation
Our Flight Centre Foundation Giving Grants Program is back for our 2022/2023 funding round!
We want to thank all of the charities who applied in 2022 for The Giving Grants. Applications are now closed. Please look back next year for our next round of Giving Grants.
From 26 September to 17 October, Deductible Gift Recipients (DGR Item 1 Status) Australian charities are eligible to apply. Our focus this year is to fund charities creating pathways to employment and/or job opportunities for vulnerable people experiencing barriers to mainstream employment. We will give away five $15,000 grants, with Flight Centre Travel Group employees to shortlist and vote on who we fund.
Charities will be considered if they fit the following areas as stated in the guidelines:
- Giving Focus
- Eligibility Requirements
- Selection Criteria
The process for charities is as follows:
- Read the Grant Guidelines
- Apply through the Application Form link
- Await email (for both successful and unsuccessful applicants) end of October
- Successful applicants to submit a 3-minute short video for Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) to show internally
- FCTG employees vote on the top 5 charities
- Winning charities are granted $15,000 grants in December 2022
In our first ever 2021 Giving Grants round last year, we opened the applications for charities who felt they could justify their operations focusing on one of the three broad areas; Care, Climate and Crisis, within Australia. Participants across all FCTG businesses came together to shortlist the applications through a rigorous criteria and process, centered around our values within FCTG. Out of 14 finalists, our people voted to fund five amazing organisations.
See our Giving Grant Winners in 2021, here.
Feedback from our process includes:
- "I was blown away with the videos we received from the many worthy charities who have applied for the Flight Centre Foundation Giving grants." - James Kavanaugh, Managing Director
- "I might complain about my life sometimes but then you watch these Giving Grants video submissions and I realise just how privileged I am." – FCTG Employee
- "I took my time watching and reading the details on each finalist and if I could vote for all I would!" – FCTG Employee
(New Website Coming 2023)